My travels in Europe started in 2013. During these years I have seen plenty of cities and nature sites. I am currently based in Portugal. I have travelled and visited various places here, many of them during my hitchhiking journey others during short weekend adventures, camping and road trips. Portugal may seem like a small version of Spain but actually, they are so different in every aspect – language, geography, nature, lifestyle and culture.
- Countries visited
- Europe: 12
- Middle East: 1
- Countries lived
- Last trip
- Favourite place: Azores Islands
- Biggest impact: Turkey
Europe is full of treasures
Europe is so perfect for weekend trips. Sometimes I catch a cheap Ryanair flight, leave the city on Friday night and return on Sunday. This part of the world has a huge advantage over any other place – cultural and geographical diversity per sqkm. For example here in Portugal, I am a short 2h ride away from Spain. Sometimes you don´t even need to plan a lot, just grab a tent, rent a car and explore. This way I have managed to see many of the cities and nature parks in Iberian Penisula. I hiked in various nature reserves and NP in Portugal, including Arouca, Serra da Estrela and Gerés. Visited southern region – Algarve and most of the northern cities. In Spain, I explored the green Galicia, which is very similar to Portugal but still different. It´s so amazing, being just a few hundred meters away from each other and still being somehow special.
Especially dear to my heart is islands. And they don´t need to be tropical. I travelled to one of Portugal´s Atlantic island archipelagos – Açores, São Miguel. In Italy, I have visited Sardinia. My bucket list is always growing with new places. I wish I could stripe them out just as often as I add them.
- Italy: Milan, Lake Como, Verona, Sardinia island
- Spain: Barcelona, Valencia, Zaragoza, Bilbao, Sevilla, Burgos, Galicia- Islas Cies, Santiago de Compostela, Vigo, Corunha, Costa da Morte and more.
- Portugal: North – Porto, Braga, Guimarães, Terras de Bouro, Esposende, Ponte de Lima, Valença, Bragança, Minho region, Arouca; in Central region – Viseu, Coimbra, Seia, Manteigas, Gouveia, Guarda and Covilhã, Lisbon, Santarém; In southern – all the coastal towns of Algarve. Azores – Sao Migeul
- Latvia: everywhere
- Lithuania: Vilnius
- Estonia: Tallinn, Pernu
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Poland: Krakow, Warsaw
- Germany: Berlin, Bremen
- Belgium: Ghent, Brussels
- Croatia: Zadar, Plitvice Lakes NP, Paklenica NP, Omis, Split
- UK: London
- Turkey: Istanbul
Blog posts in the process
How to travel by using Couchsurfing platform.
Did you like my post? You can pay me a coffee! I am just kidding. Sort of. But here’s my Paypal donate button if you’re keen to help keep this blog up and running. (I won’t judge if you skip it.)
If interested in any of these places, drop a comment below and I will share my experience!