Travel stats Countries visited Europe: 11 Middle East: 1 Countries Lived in: 3 Last trip to: Croatia Favourite Place: Azores Islands Biggest impact: Turkey
My travels in Europe started in 2013. During these years I have seen plenty of cities and nature sites. I am currently based in Portugal. I have travelled and visited various places here, many of them during my hitchhiking journey (day 1 – picture below), others during short weekend adventures, camping and road trips. Portugal may seem like a small version of Spain but actually they are so different in every aspect – language, geography, nature, lifestyle and culture.
Europe is full of treasures
Europe is so perfect for weekend trips. Sometimes I catch a cheep ryanair flight, leave the city on friday night and return on Sunday. This part of the world has a huge advantage over any other place – cultural and geographical diversity per sqkm. For example here in Portugal, I am a short 2h ride away from Spain. Sometimes you don´t even need to plan a lot, just grab a tent, rent a car and explore. This way I have managed to see many of the cities and nature parks in Iberian Penisula. I hiked in various nature reserves and NP in Portugal, including Serra da Estrela and Gerés. Visited southern region – Algarve and most of the northern cities. In Spain I explored the green Galicia, which is very similar to Portugal but still different. It´s so amazing, being just a few hundred meters away from each other and still being somehow special.
Especially dear to my heart are islands. And they don´t need to be tropical. I travelled to one of Portugal´s Atlantic island archipelagos – Açores, São Miguel. In italy I have visited Sardinia. My bucket list is always growing with new places. I wish I could stripe them out just as often as I add them.
- Italy: Milan, Lake Como, Verona, Sardinia island
- Spain: Barcelona, Valencia, Zaragoza, Bilbao, Sevilla, Burgos, Galicia- Islas Cies, Santiago de Compostela, Vigo, Corunha, Costa da Morte and more.
- Portugal: North – Porto, Braga, Guimarães, Terras de Bouro, Esposende, Ponte de Lima, Valença, Bragança, Minho region, Arouca; in Central region – Viseu, Coimbra, Seia, Manteigas, Gouveia, Guarda and Covilhã, Lisbon, Santarém; In southern – all the coastal towns of Algarve.
- Latvia: everywhere
- Lithuania: Vilnus
- Estonia: Tallin, Riga – Pernu cycling trip
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Poland: Krakow, Warsaw
- Germany: Berlin, Bremen
- Belgium: Ghent, Brussels
- Croatia: Zadar, Plitvice Lakes NP, Paklenica NP, Omis, Split
- Turkey: Istanbul
Blog posts in process
- My adventures in São Miguel – Azores islands
- The real price of living in Porto
If interested in any of these places, drop a comment below and I will share my experience!